MediaWiki is a collaboration and documentation platform brought to you by a vibrant community.
The MediaWiki software is used by tens of thousands of websites and thousands of companies and organizations. It powers Wikipedia and also this website. MediaWiki helps you collect and organize knowledge and make it available to people. It's powerful, multilingual, free and open, extensible, customizable, reliable, and free of charge. Find out more and if MediaWiki is right for you.
Set up and run MediaWiki
- Download, install and configure MediaWiki
- Add functionality by installing extensions
- Problems? See Errors and symptoms and FAQ
- Don't own a server? See Hosting services
- Get professional development and consulting
- Join MediaWiki Stakeholders user group
Edit and use MediaWiki
- Learn how to navigate
- Learn how to edit a page
- Learn more about reading, editing, and personal customization
Develop and extend code
New to development?
- Start coding for a Wikimedia project
- How to make a MediaWiki skin
- How to work on MediaWiki or extensions' code
Already a developer?
- Interact with content by using the Action API or Web API
- Read the developer docs or visit the developer hub
Get help and contribute
- Cannot find the answer to a problem with MediaWiki? Ask the Support desk!
- Get involved as a translator, designer, documentation writer, tester, tech ambassador, …
- Report wrong software behavior or a feature proposal
- 2021-05-21 to 2021-05-23
- Wikimedia Remote Hackathon 2021 (online)